7.19.2010

New(s)

Jordan: Things are starting to change significantly within the Littrell family. Meagan has recently accepted a position as a teacher at a church nearby for infants. This is a VERY significant change for all of us but she and Jude are the ones who are most impacted as Jude will now be going to the very same daycare she will be working in. Obviously we need the income, desperately, but in a perfect world we would both like for Meagan to be able to continue to stay home with him. 


On the food front, I have committed to Meagan that I am going to eat better. I am cutting down on my cokes from around 4 a day right now to 1 a day until this current case of cokes runs out, and then no more. THIS IS HUGE! To those of you who are blown away by this (I say this on the assumption that people actually are reading this) let me explain. Today Dr. Oz was on Oprah (normally I don't watch either person, especially Oz) and he was talking about diabetes and I honestly got scared. All of my life I've been told about the horrible effects that my diet can have on my body, but for some reason things really hit home with me today. He showed one of his patients who is 34, only ten years older than myself, who was diagnosed with diabetes at 27ish and recently had most of one leg amputated and half of the other foot... and it showed them both. GROSS! More sickening was hearing her talk about everything that she ate. THATS EXACTLY WHAT I EAT!!! I've always been told, "You're going to die from what you eat," and honestly that didn't really bother me, but what bothers me is having to live like THAT because of what I eat. All that said, I'm not exactly sure what my diet is going to look like yet, but I like my (hairy) legs too much to not change it.

(side note, I saw a stat a few weeks ago that said that Christians use 30% more punctuation marks than non-Christians... I thought about that after re-reading the above paragraph.)

On the lighter side of things, I honestly believe that Jude will be crawling very very soon. Jude has been "scooting" for several weeks now, winding up in places very different from where we originally placed him, but now Jude is really getting extremely close to figuring out how to crawl. Tonight we placed Jude on the bed on one corner and Meagan sat on the other and then called for him to come to her. It was somewhat annoying because Sadie thought we were calling for her and kept jumping on the bed... I'm sure she was very confused. Jude however worked very hard and got about halfway there using both his arms and legs, he just lacked the coordination to get them both going at the same time. Soon. I hope I'm there to see it.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment